Regarding the major evolutions offered by the Rotel A14MKII, the Roon Tested label (the Roon application therefore supports the product and adapts the quality of the audio stream read to the capabilities of the device). Finally, we also note the MQA compatibility and the integration of a Texas Instrument 384 kHz / 32-bit digital-to-analog converter instead of an AKM specimen, the manufacturer of Dac still not having resumed its deliveries since fire at its factory last year. It was therefore the choice of this Dac that prompted Rotel to adapt the audio architecture of the A14MKI directly from that of the Michi specimens.
For the rest, we find a Class A / B amplification associated with a beefy toroidal transformer delivering a total power of 2 x 80 W RMS into 8 ohms and four slit-foil capacitors of 100000 microfarads each, capable of handling the most demanding speakers.
Asynchronous USB port in the menu
At the inputs, there are five RCA stereo inputs (Phono, Tuner, CD, Aux1 and Aux2), two optical, two coaxial, one asynchronous USB port (installation of '' a driver necessary for managing DSD files), two powered USB type A ports (one on the front), a stereo Pre-Out output for connecting an external amplifier or to connect a subwoofer, an RS-232 socket , a 6.35 mm headphone jack on the front and four pairs of isolated screw terminal blocks to supply two pairs of loudspeakers (A / B).
Possibility of control via IP
Last details, the Rotel A14MKII is also equipped with an Ethernet port for control via IP and APT-X Bluetooth compatibility to access dematerialized content stored on a suitable peripheral (smartphone, tablet, game console, computer…).
Availability announced for the month of July, in black or silver. Indicative price: 1,399 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Rotel A14MKII:
• Model: 2.0
• Power: 2 x 80 W into 8 ohms, 2 x 150 W into 4 ohms
• Signal / ratio noise: 103 dB (Phono MM: 90 dB)
• THD (total harmonic distortion): 0.018%
• Frequency response: 10 - 90,000 Hz
• Inputs: 5 stereo RCA inputs (Phono MM, Tuner, CD, Aux1 and Aux2), 2 optical, 2 coaxial, 1 asynchronous USB port (installation of a driver required for managing DSD files), 2 powered USB type A ports (including 1 on the front) , 1 RS-232 socket
• Outputs: 1 Pre-Out 2.0 output for connecting an external amplifier or to connect a subwoofer, 1 headphone output, 4 pairs of screw terminals
• Pure Direct functions
• MQA compatibility
• Audio Texas Instrument digital-to-analog converter 384 kHz / 32 bits
• IP Control network
• APT-X Bluetooth network
• Multimedia Roon Tested
• Hi-Res Audio streaming via USB / network: yes up to 384 kHz / 32 bi ts (via installation of a driver on the computer)
• Headphone output: yes
• Other (s): toroidal transformer
• Dimensions (W x H x D, mm): 430 x 93 x 35 mm
• Consumption: 280 W (<0.5 W in standby)
• Weight: 8.94 kg