To summarize, the Zappiti Neo incorporates many of the specifications of the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR player (ie, this model disappears from the range), with a few major differences.
Main evolutions of Zappiti Neo
In the first row of notable changes, the new series of Zappiti readers embeds the new Realtek RTD1619DR processor. Likewise, HDR10 +, HDR Dolby Vision compatibility and the Dolby Vision VS10 (Upscaler HDR / Dowscaler SDR) process are now required, the same for the new Zappiti Magic Pixel V3 image processing. We can also cite the Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility (tale 4.0), a Ram memory of 4 GB and 32 GB of storage and an LCD display on the front. Not to mention the Android 9.0 operating system. On the other hand, the headphone output, the Zero Signal RCA connector and the Type R power supply have disappeared and the connector has one less USB port, for a total of four.
For the rest, there are gold-plated connectors, the excellent remote control with direct access keys to the image ratio, 10s front / rear key, 1 min front / rear key (see photo below). top) and an IR sensor or a 3.5 '' Sata HDD rack (up to 20 TB) hidden behind the front.
Second HDMI Audio Only port
On the HDMI connector side, the first of obedience 2.0a allows the management of HDR10 video signals while the other, 1.4, is dedicated to the audio signal. It allows the Zappiti Neo to claim the label of Hi-Fi multimedia player. Indeed, this port is also equipped with a high precision clock in order to significantly reduce the effects of jitter.
To go further, when the Zappiti Neo's HDMI Audio socket is used, the sound stream from the HDMI 2.0a socket is automatically cut off to improve the quality of the video stream. Last asset linked to this additional HDMI output, it allows the Zappiti Neo to be connected to an amplifier without 2.0 connectors, for example to enjoy sound on a Home Cinema system while the first HDMI is directly connected to a broadcaster.
Finally, the philosophy is the same with the presence of removable Wi-Fi antennas. This ensures maximum speed when connecting the Zappiti Neo wirelessly to the local Ethernet network.
As already indicated above, the operating system Android 9.0 is on the program. It of course gives access to the entire Google universe, in particular the Play Store with several hundred thousand applications and video games. Not to mention the Catch-Up TV or Google Play Music and Google Play Movies music and video streaming services. The management of Netflix too, Spotify, Qobuz…
Other network features
The Zappiti Neo takes advantage of the Dual Band Wi-Fi ac function, i.e. 2.4 GHz but also 5 GHz for greatly increased performance. In the network chapter, we can also mention the SMB Server functionality with a flow of 115 MB / s, equivalent to the USB 3.0 standard. Likewise, the Zappity Neo can act as a video server. Equipped with an internal or external HDD, it can thus power several other Zappiti players via the Zappiti Share mode, located in different rooms like a real multiroom system.
Other attributes of Zappiti Neo
Among the other attributes of the Zappiti Neo, a coaxial output, a USB-C port in addition to the classic USB ports (two 2.0 plus a 3.1), an Ethernet port, a Composite output, an RCA stereo output and an optical output. In addition, of course, to the already mentioned dual HDMI output with the HDMI 2.0a port capable of carrying a 2 160p / 60 signal (up to 4: 4: 4).
We also note a 1080p interface, playback of 3D subtitles with the possibility of adjusting their display depth, full auto-framerate (frequencies 23.976 / 24/50 / 59.94 / 60 Hz ), the BD Live function to access the BD Iso menu and bonuses, VP9 compatibility and the Discrete Code function (for switching the player on / off) which should be a delight for installers.
Immediate availability. Indicative price: 799 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Zappiti Neo:
• Type: Multimedia player
• Processor: Quad Core Realtek Power RTD1619DR
• Ram memory: 4 GB
• Memory of storage: 32 GB
• Cache memory: 1 MB
• Codec compatibility (s): AC3, DTS, Mpeg, AAC, HEAAC, LPCM, Alac, AIFF, Wav, MQA, VSELP, Flac, APE, Ogg / Vorbis (up to 192 kHz / 24 bits), HEVC, VP9, Iso 3D BD, Iso BD, BDMV, MKV, M4A, Mpeg-TS, Mpeg-PS, M2TS, Vob, AVI, Mov MP4, QT, WMV, Iso DVD, Video TS, SACD Iso, AVC-HD
• DSD compatibility: yes
• Hi-Res Audio certification: yes
• Input (s): 1 HDMI
• Output (s): 1 HDMICEC 2.0a, 1 HDMI 1.4, 1 coaxial output, 1 USB-C port in addition to the standard USB ports (two 2.0 plus one 3.0), 1 Ethernet port, 1 Composite output , 1 RCA stereo output, 1 optical output
• Gapless function: yes
• Other (s): Ultra HD / 4K Upscaling, SBM Server function (115 MB / s), full auto-framerate function ( frequencies 23.976 / 24/50 / 59.94 / 60 Hz), BD compatibility Live, Fanless metal box (without fan)
• Multiroom function: Zappiti Share
• Rec2020 compatibility: yes
• HDR10 function
• HDR Dolby Vision function
• Function UPnP (DLNA) multimedia gateway
• HDR10 + function
• Connectivity: Dual Band Wi-Fi
• Application: Zappiti Video & Zappiti Explorer
• Anti-vibration chassis: no
• Consumption (On / standby): <42 W / <0.02 W
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 430 x 285 x 80 mm
• Weight: 3.9 kg