In short, the Ultra HD Blu-Ray Block HD-120 player is a universal audiophile-oriented player, capable of playing 4K Ultra HD discs and 3D BD/BD of course, but also audio CDs, DVDs Audio and SACDs. Other musical sources, those accessible via the UPnP (DLNA) audio gateway function and MP3, Flac and Wav compatibility.
Block HD-120, the connection
Technically, the Block HD-120 turntable has rich connectivity with a dual HDMI 2.0 output, an RCA stereo, an optical, a coaxial, an XLR stereo, an Ethernet port and two USB Host ports (including one 3.0). If HDR10 technology is of course part of the game, good news HDR Dolby Vision is also in order. On the other hand, the ARC function is missing.
Its audiophile character is also found in its construction with a 10 mm thick aluminum front panel, 12 mm for the side panels. In the end, the Block HD-120 player weighs 6.6 kg on the scale.
Availability, in black or silver finish, announced for the end of November. Indicative price: 1,799 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Block HD-120:
• Type: Ultra HD Blu-Ray deck
• DSD compatibility: yes
• Dolby Vision HDR function
• HDR10 function
• Outputs: dual HDMI 2.0b outputs, one coaxial, one optical, 1 stereo RCA and 1 stereo XLR
• Connectivity: 2 USB-A ports, 1 Ethernet port
• Port USB: yes
• UPnP (DNA) audio gateway function: yes
• Other(s): Hi-Res Audio certification
• SACD function
• DVD Audio function• Consumption: 20 W
• Standby consumption: 1 W
• Dimensions (WXHXP, mm): 430 x 80 x 330 mm
• Weight: 6.6 kg