JBL renews its range of soundbars with models able to meet all the needs and consumers. Common point, they all embed the Multibeam house technology.
Virtual Dolby Atmos Just over a meter long, the JBL Bar 500 is accompanied by an external wireless subwoofer and the Dolby Atmos processing offered is virtual (no Up Firing speakers).
The JBL Bar 500 Multibeam soundbar has seven loudspeakers, four of which are oval-shaped broadband (46 x 80 mm), and three 20 mm tweeters. The digital amplification delivers a total power of 590 W (290 W for the bar + 300 W for the box). The subwoofer has a 25.4 centimeter woofer.
Voice and Bluetooth assistants
The Multibeam technology offers automatic calibration of the JBL Bar 500 by analyzing the reflection of waves from the walls and ceiling of the room. Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant, it is possible to control the soundbar through an Amazon Echo, HomePod or Google Home speaker. And the AirPlay 2 functions (possible connection of the JBL Bar 5.0 Multibeam to an Apple TV box), Chromecast and Alexa Multi-Room-Music integrated allow an audio multiroom configuration (with the same speakers) and access to the main music platforms. Finally, the JBL Bar 5.0 Multibeam is also Bluetooth 5.0 compatible to enjoy sound content stored on a suitable device.
Last precision, the connectors include an HDMI 2.0 eARC input/output certified HDCP 2.3 and equipped with HDR10 and HDR Dolby Vision Pass-Trough functions to connect a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray player for example. Not to mention an optical input for connecting an external audio source.
Imminent availability. Indicative price: 649 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the JBL Bar 500 Multibeam:
• Type: soundbar
• System: 5.1
• Amplification: Class D
• Total power: 590 W (290 W for the soundbar + 300 W for the subwoofer)
• Loudspeaker(s): 4 ovoid-shaped broadband 46 x 80 mm + three 50 mm tweeters
• Subwoofer : 25.4 cm woofer
• Multibeam technology
• AirPlay 2 compatibility
• HDR10 compatibility
• HDR Dolby Vision compatibility
• HDR HLG compatibility
• CEC compatibility
• Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility
• eARC compatibility
• Wi-Fi compatibility ax
• 4K Pass-Trought function
• Input(s): 1 HDMI input 2.0 eARC certified HDCP 2.3, 1 optical
• Output(s): 1 HDMI 2.0 eARC output
• Application: JBL One App
• Frequency response: 35 - 20,000 Hz• Dolby Atmos Virtual decoder
• Voice assistants Google Assistant, Alexa Built-in, Siri
• HDCP 2.3 certification
• Dimensions (W x H x D, mm): 1 01 7 x 56 x 103.5 mm for the bar, 305 x 440.4 x 305 mm for the box
• Weight: 2.8 kg for the bar, 16.2 kg for the box