In addition to 5G compatibility and IPX4 certification, the Chinese firm has provided the Oppo Reno7 with many advantages, particularly in terms of image and video capture, which are claimed to be of superior quality in all circumstances.
Oppo Reno7, bokeh effect in video
To do this, the Asian firm has equipped the Reno7 with many features dedicated to the image, fixed or in motion. We first notice the Portrait Pro mode which allows the bokeh effect (blurred background) in video. Welcome to portraits, the effect is applied in real time and available on the front camera, with a single click. It further improves the performance of the sensor and solves skin coloring issues.
Oppo Reno7, Selfie HDR function
The Selfie HDR function allows you to take sharp self-portraits, whatever the lighting conditions. This feature automatically senses the brightness level to suppress bright light and bring out every detail. We can also mention software features such as natural retouching by AI, AI palette, Extra-HD 108 Mpxls mode, improvement of the scene by AI or instant photography.
Oppo Reno7, the screen
The Oppo Reno7 is one of the thinnest 5G mobiles on the market with 7.49 mm thickness. A beautiful object crowned by a 6.43'' (16.3 cm) curved OLED screen with a resolution of 2,400 x 1,080 pixels (409 ppi) at a 20/9 ratio, occupying 84.9% of the surface of the terminal facade. The latter has a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 coating and offers a refresh rate of 90 Hz for a bright peak of 600 nits and a contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1. Similarly, Oppo announces 93% DCI-P3 coverage for very accurate color rendering.
Oppo Reno7, Snapdragon 680 processor
To animate the case, its creator equipped the Reno7 with the Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 processor clocked at 2.4 GHz, engraved in 6 nm and supported by an Adreno 610 graphics chip, 8 GB of Ram memory and 128 GB of memory storage (expandable via micro-SD up to 1 TB). Note, it is possible to increase the RAM by 2 GB, 3 GB or 5 GB for more fluidity. The battery is for its part a high capacity model, 4500 mAh. Fast charging (proprietary Super Vooc 33W technology) achieves 100% battery in 60 minutes (5 minutes of charging provides 2 hours of video playback).
Oppo Reno7, operating system
It is Android 12 which is at work via the in-house ColorOS 12.1 overlay. In terms of connectors and connectivity, there is a USB Type-C port and Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.1 (APT-X HD) and NFC compatibility.
Oppo Reno7, photo and video capabilities
The Reno7 has a triple rear photo sensor: a 64 Mpxls specimen (25 mm, stabilized, 0.7 μm photosite, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, 10x digital zoom) + a 2 Mpxls depth sensor ( 22 mm, photosite 1.75 μm, aperture f/2.4) + 2 Mpxls microscope lens (20 mm, photosite 1.75 μm, aperture f/3.3). There is still an LED flash. For its part, the selfie camera is a 32 Mpxls model (23 mm, photosite 0.8 μm, aperture f / 2.4) equipped with the IMX709 sensor co-developed with Sony. Video capture is possible up to 1080p at 30 fps in the front, in addition with slow motion up to 720p at 120 fps in the rear.
Available in Stellar Black at an indicative price of 329.90 euros. Namely, from May 5, the Oppo Reno7 will also be available on the Oppo online store and will have an introductory offer with a pair of Oppo Enco Air earphones offered for any order until May 31.
For information, you can discover the complete test of the Oppo Reno6 by the editorial staff of AVCesar.com by clicking on its reference.
Reminder of the key features of the Oppo Reno7 5G:
• OS: Android 12
• Network: 5G, 4G/LTE, HSPA, GSM
• Screen: Amoled 6.43' ' (16.33 cm), 90 Hz
• Coating: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
• Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels (409 ppi)
• Aspect ratio: 20:9
• Color space (gamut): 93% DCI-P3, 97% NTSC
• Contrast ratio: 1,000,000:1
• Peak light: 600 nits
• Processor: Octa Core Snapdragon 680 5G (2.4 GHz) engraved in 6 nm
• Graphics chip: Adreno 610
• RAM: 8 GB
• Flash: 128 GB (expandable up to 1 TB)
• Camera: 64 Mpxls (25 mm, stabilized, 0.7 μm photosite, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, 10x digital zoom) + a 2 Mpxls depth sensor (22 mm, 1.75 μm photosite , f/2.4 aperture) + 2 Mpxls microscope lens (20 mm, 1.75 μm photosite, f/3.3 aperture), LED flash, HDR, panorama
• Selfie camera: 32 Mpxls (23 mm , photosite 0.8 μm, aperture f/2.4)
• Wi‑Fi Direct compatibility
• Wi‑Fi ac Dual Band compatibility
• Bluetooth LDAC compatibility
• Bluetooth 5.1 APT-X/NFC compatibility
• Others: GPS, A-GPA, Glonass, fast charging function (33 W)
• Video recording: in 1080p up to 'at 30 fps and 720p at 120 fps on the APN, 1080p at 30 fps on the selfie camera
• Fingerprint sensor: yes, under the screen
• Unlocking via facial recognition: yes
• Connector: USB-C
• 3.5 mm mini-Jack headphone socket: yes
• Battery: 4,500 mAh (not removable)• Dimensions: 159.9 x 73.2 x 7.49 mm
• Weight: 175 g