Model 7.2, the Sony TA-AN1000 displays a power of 7 x 85 W (under 8 ohms) and integrates Dolby Atmos (5.1.2 functionality), Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X and DTS-HD decoders.
Sony TA-AN1000, main technical characteristics
For the rest, there are six HDCP 2.3 certified HDMI CEC 2.1 inputs/outputs with Deep Color, xvYCC and 1080p/24 functions, plus transparency to 3D video signals. Precision, one of the HDMI outputs manages the eARC function. There are also two Composite inputs/output, four RCA stereo inputs, an optical input, a coaxial input, a front USB Host port, an RCA stereo Pre-Out output, two subwoofer outputs, an Ethernet port, an headphones and seven pairs of screw terminals. Of course, the VRR and ALLM functions are in order. On the other hand, in addition to the two outputs, only two inputs are capable of carrying an Ultra HD 8K or 4K/120 signal.
In addition to Dolby Atmos and DTS:X already mentioned, the Sony TA-AN1000 also offers exclusive 360 Spatial Audio technology with its phantom speaker system creating simulated height and surround channels for total viewer immersion . Namely, the latest from the Japanese manufacturer is also certified Imax Enhanced. Finally, an automatic calibration DCAC IX (Digital Cinema Auto Calibration IX) per microphone is included, associated with the Auto Phase Matching function to phase align all the speakers in the system and, thus, compensate for any unfavorable position of a loudspeaker. -speaker.
Another advantage of the Sony TA-AN1000 is the possibility of connecting a pair of wireless Sony SA-RS35 or SA-RS5 surround speakers and up to two SA-SW5 or SA-SW3 subwoofers (they must be of the same model).
Sony TA-AN1000, the continuation of the main technical characteristics
And of course, HDR10, HDR HLG and HDR Dolby Vision compatibility is assured.
We also note the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect and Chromecast (integrated) certifications for quality streaming. The same goes for 192 kHz/32 bit converters and 11.2 MHz DSD compatibility. Likewise, the native management of Wav, AIFF, Flac and Alac files is on the program.
Sony TA-AN1000, Perfect for PS5 and Works with Sonos
If you own a Sony Bravia TV with the Perfect for PS5 label, the Sony TA-AN1000 proves transparent to the exclusive Auto HDR Tone Mapping and Auto Genre Picture Mode features so that the TV and PS5 work together perfectly to deliver the best gaming experience possible. Likewise, if your Sony TV is equipped with Acoustic Center Sync mode, the Sony TA-AN1000 can mix the TV's audio system with the center speaker of your Home Cinema setup for a magnified sound experience.
Like many other hardware of the brand, with low quality files, users can take advantage of the built-in DSEE Ultimate engine on the Sony TA-AN1000, which is based on AI to improve file fidelity low quality digital audio. The Sony TA-AN1000 is also the first Sony product to benefit from Works With Sonos compatibility in order to integrate it into any existing Sonos multiroom setup and take advantage of the Sonos S2 app as a controller.
Sony TA-AN1000, build quality
The Sony TA-AN1000 benefits from many improved components, such as a heatsink, power transformer and resistors all newly designed and developed for Sony's 2023 range of AV amplifiers. We can also mention an unprecedented digital section with a single chip in charge of all processing and a new generation printed circuit at the pre-amplifier level to reduce noise and promote an atmospheric and natural sound space.
Sony TA-AN1000, management of bi-amplification
Good news, the Sony TA-AN1000 can be configured to bi-amp the front speakers. Availability in stores announced for the month of June. Indicative price: 1,000 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Sony TA-AN1000:
• Model: 7.2
• Power: 5 x 85 W at 8 ohms
• Inputs: 6 HDMI CEC inputs/two outputs 2.1 HDCP 2.3 certified, 2 Composite inputs, 4 stereo RCA inputs, 1 optical input, 1 coaxial input, 1 front USB Host port, 1 stereo RCA Pre-Out output, 1 Ethernet port, 1 headphone output and seven pairs of screw terminal blocks . On the other hand, in addition to the two outputs, only two inputs are capable of conveying an Ultra HD 8K or 4K/120 signal.
• Outputs: 2 HDMI outputs, 1 Composite, 2 subwoofer outputs, 1 headphone output, 7 pairs of screw terminal blocks
• OSD functions
• UPnP (DLNA) audio gateway functions
• ALLM functions
• VRR functions
• Ultra HD 4K/120 im/ functions s
• Ultra HD 8K/60 fps functions
• Spotify Connect functions
• Flac HD compatibility
• AIFF compatibility
• Wav compatibility
• Alac compatibility
• MP3 compatibility
• WMA compatibility
• DSD 2.8/5.6/11.2 MHz compatibility
• Chromecast compatibility (integrated)
• DTS:X audio
• Dolby Atmos 5.2.2 audio
• eARC function audio
• Dolby TrueHD audio
• DTS-HD Master Audioaudio
• HDR10 video
• HLG HDR Video
• Dolby Vision HDR Video
• BT.2020 Compatibility Video
• Ultra HD Pass-Trought Feature Video
• 3D Ready Video
• Video Upscaling Function Ultra HD/8K (24/25/30/60)
• Video Upscaling Function Ultra HD/4K (24/25/30/60/120)
• Network Control by IP
• Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4/5 GHz) network
• AirPlay 2 network
• Works with Sonos certification network
• Google Assistant multimedia
• Multimedia Roon Tested
• Hi-Res Audio streaming via USB/network: yes
• Hi-Res Audio certification
• HDCP 2.3 certification
• Works with Google Assistant certification
• Roon Tested
• Headphone output: yes
• Dimensions (W x H x D, mm): 430 x 156 x 331 mm
• Consumption: 240 W (0.5 W in standby )
• Weight: 9.4 kg