Like the previous Rotel hardware presented in our columns, the Rotel RA-6000 benefits from the Roon Tested label (the Roon application therefore supports the product and adapts the quality of the audio stream played to the capabilities of the device ), MQA compatibility, and a Texas Instrument 384 kHz/32-bit digital-to-analog converter. It was therefore the choice of this Dac that prompted Rotel to adapt the audio architecture of the RA-6000 directly from that of the brand's Michi models.
The wish of the Japanese manufacturer, with the RA-6000, is therefore to offer a device on the one hand faithful to the long line of Hi-Fi amplifiers, but also capable of meeting the new needs of music lovers, in particular in the field of wireless connectivity and the exploitation of Hi-Res Audio files. Namely, the Rotel RA-6000 can be controlled by IP.
These elements are always associated with a toroidal transformer, as usual, entirely manufactured by Rotel. The latter is accompanied by T-Network capacitors known to precisely deliver the voltage and current necessary for excellent audio reproduction. The total power delivered displays 2 x 200 W under 8 ohms (2 x 350 W under 4 ohms).
Connectivity is rich and allows you to take advantage of both the best of physical media with three RCA stereo inputs, one Phono MM input, one RCA stereo Pre-Out output, six digital inputs with three optical and three coaxial, an asynchronous input USB-B (384kHz/32bit and DSD 5.8MHz compatible) and a subwoofer output (dubbed mono).
We also note an Ethernet port, a powered USB-A port on the front (for example to connect a Chromecast Audio module or recharge a headed device) and Bluetooth APT-X compatibility. Finally, there are four pairs of screw terminals (A/B), an XLR stereo input, two 12 V trigger outputs to manage the controlled power-up of other equipment, an RS-232C socket and a 3.5 mm mini-Jack called Ext Rem to control the amplifier via an external wired remote control. Last point, the iOS Rotel Remote App is available to remotely control the amplifier.
Immediate availability in black or silver finish. Indicative price: 4,499 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Rotel RA-6000:
• Model: 2.0
• Power: 2 x 200 W at 8 ohms, 2 x 350 W at 4 ohms
• Ratio signal to noise: 103 dB (Phono MM: 80 dB)
• THD (total harmonic distortion): 0.0075%
• Frequency response: 10 - 90,000 Hz
• Inputs: 3 RCA stereo inputs, 1 MM Phono input, 1 XLR stereo, 6 digital inputs with 3 optical and 3 coaxial, 1 USB-B asynchronous input (384 kHz/32 bit and DSD 11.2 MHz compatible, driver installation required for managing DSD files), 1 powered USB type A port (front), 1 Ethernet port, 1 RS-232 socket, 1 12 V trigger input, 1 external 3.5 mm input for external remote control
• Outputs: 1 Pre-Out 2.0 output for connecting an external amplifier, 1 subwoofer doubled mono output, 1 headphone output, four pairs of screw terminal blocks (A/B), 1 12 V trigger output
• Pure functions Direct
• DSD 2.8/5.6/11.2 MHz compatibility
• MQA compatibility
• Audio Texas Instrument 384 kHz/32-bit digital-to-analog converter
• Network Control by IP
• APT-X Bluetooth network
• Multimedia Roon Tested
• Hi-Res Audio streaming via USB/network: yes up to 384 kHz/32 bits (by installing a driver on the computer)
• Headphone output: yes
• Other(s): toroidal transformer
• Dimensions (W x H x D, mm): 431 x 144 x 425 mm
• Consumption: 500 W (< 0.5 W in standby)
• Weight: 18.81 kg