Equipped with a dynamic active noise reduction system, the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay EX headphones benefit from a look designed by industrial designer Thomas Bentzen. They feature a mirrored glass surface capturing light rays, and a brushed aluminum strapping. Note that the charging case is matched, depending on the color.
Beoplay EX main specs
On the audio side, the Beoplay EX incorporate 9.2 mm speakers, the largest ever used by the brand on a wireless device. Also note the compatibility with Bluetooth 5.2 and Multipoint technology to connect to two devices simultaneously, as well as the IP57 standard. The headphones are therefore resistant to dust and water. There are also six omnidirectional microphones, useful for optimizing active noise reduction and for perfect voice intelligibility during calls. Autonomy totals 20 hours with the wireless charging case.
The word to Dorte Vestergaard, category manager at Bang & Olufsen
“Beoplay EX embodies the perfect blend of comfort, luxury and sound quality that is the very essence of our legendary audio portfolio,” says Dorte Vestergaard, Category Manager at Bang & Olufsen. After our award-winning on-ear headphones with dynamic active noise reduction Beoplay H95 and the Beoplay Portal, our first foray into the gaming market, the Beoplay EX are the logical continuation of the development of our high-end offer”.
Available immediately in Black Anthracite, Gold Tone or Anthracite Oxygen finish. Indicative price: 399 euros.
Reminder of the key features of BeoPlay EX:
• Type: 9.2 mm closed neodymium in-ear headphones
• Loudspeakers: dynamic
• Frequency response: 20- 20,000 Hz
• Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2
• Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP/AVRCP/HFP/HSP
• Codecs: SBC, AAC, APT-X Adaptive
• NFC: no
• Certification: IP57
• Function(s: Transparency mode, Qi wireless charging or via USB-C cable
• Active noise reduction: yes
• Battery life: 6 hours with active noise reduction (continuous connection including playback), 8 hours without; 20 hours with the storage case and its integrated battery
• Charging time: 1.5 hours
• Other( s): Quick charge, 20 min restores 105 min of use
• Weight: 6 g for the headphones, 53 g for the storage/charging case