As a reminder, JBL has been renewing its range of sound bars since last school year with models capable of meeting all consumer needs. Common point, they all embed the Multibeam house technology.
JBL Bar 1300 Multibeam, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X compatibility The JBL Bar 1300 Multibeam and the two references of the JBL Bar Multibeam family take up the principle of removable surround speakers in force on the JBL Bar 800 Multibeam and JBL Bar 1000 Multibeam references, thus transforming the sound bar into a real 11.1.4 pack with a pair of stand-alone surrounds. These include a battery allowing ten hours of use. Once the Home Cinema session is over, simply connect them to the sound bar to recharge them. For the rest, we note a total power delivered up to 1,170 W (650 W for the soundbar + 2 x 110 W for the surrounds + 300 W for the subwoofer) and Dolby Atmos and DTS:X compatibility.
JBL Bar 1300 Multibeam, acoustic package
The JBL Bar 1300 Multibeam soundbar has 21 speakers: 15 in the soundbar (6 46 x 90 mm ovoid racetrack-type speakers + 5 20 mm tweeters + 4 70 mm wideband speakers in Up configuration -Firing), three for each surround loudspeaker (1 ovoid-shaped racetrack speaker 46 x 90 mm + 1 tweeter 20 mm + 1 broadband speaker 70 mm in Up-Firing configuration). Added to this is the 26 cm woofer of the subwoofer.
JBL Bar 1300 Multibeam, voice assistants and Bluetooth
The Multibeam technology offers automatic calibration of the JBL Bar 1300 via a built-in microphone and the analysis of the reflection of the waves on the walls and the ceiling of the room. Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant, it is possible to control the soundbar through an Amazon Echo, HomePod or Google Home speaker. And the Dual Band Wi-Fi compatibility associated with the AirPlay 2 functions (possible connection of the JBL Bar 800 Multibeam to an Apple TV box), Chromecast (integrated) and integrated Alexa Multi-Room-Music allow an audio multiroom configuration (with additional other speakers of course) and access to the main music platforms. Finally, the sound bar element of the JBL Bar 1300 Multibeam is also compatible with Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth 5.2 for the surround speakers which can also be used as a standalone Bluetooth speaker to enjoy sound content stored on a suitable device.
Last precision, the connectors have three inputs / one HDMI 2.0 eARC output certified HDCP 2.3 and equipped with HDR10 and HDR Dolby Vision Pass-Trough functions to connect a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray player for example. Not to mention an optical input for connecting an external audio source.
Availability announced for the month of February. Indicative price: 1,499 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the JBL Bar 1300 Multibeam:
• Type: soundbar
• System: 11.1.4
• Amplification: Class D
• Total power: 1,170 W
• Loudspeaker(s): 15 for the soundbar including 4 two 70 mm broadband in Up-Firing configuration for the Dolby Atmos Height channels + 6 racetrack-type ovoid-shaped speakers 46 x 90mm + 5 x 20mm tweeters; the detachable speakers each have 1 ovoid-shaped 46 x 90 mm racetrack speaker + 1 20 mm tweeter + 1 70 mm wideband speaker in Up-Firing configuration; 1 for the subwoofer (26 centimeter boom).
• Subwoofer: external wireless
• Multibeam technology
• Dual Band Wi-Fi compatibility
• AirPlay compatibility 2
• HDR10 compatibility
• HDR Dolby Vision compatibility
• CEC compatibility
• eARC compatibility
• Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility
• Wi-Fi compatibility ax
• Bluetooth 5.2 compatibility
• 4K Pass-Trought function
• Chromecast function
• Works with Alexa function
• Works with Google Assistant function
• Works function with Siri
• Input(s): 3 HDCP 2.3 certified HDMI 2.0 inputs, 1 optical input
• Output(s): 1 HDCP 2.3 certified HDMI 2.0 output
• Application: JBL One
• Frequency response: 33 Hz - 20 kHz
• Dolby Atmos decoder
• DTS:X decoder
• Voice assistant(aux) Works with Alexa
• Voice assistant (aux) Works with Hey Google
• Voice assistant(aux) Works with Apple Homekit
• HDCP 2.3 certified
• Dimension s (W x H x D, mm): 1376 x 60 x 139 mm for the soundbar, 305 x 440.4 x 305 mm for the subwoofer
• Weight: 4.3 kg for the soundbar , 10 kg for the box