Wall-mounted or placed on a piece of furniture, the Yamaha SR-C30A soundbar with external wireless subwoofer sports a sober elegance with only 64 mm in height so as not to obstruct the IR sensor of the television and thus obstruct the 'remote utility.
Yamaha SR-C30A, the features
Connected by a single cable to the TV, the Yamaha SR-C30A soundbar offers a 3D surround sound stage thanks to Yamaha Virtual Surround technology. Several audio modes are also available: Clear Voice to improve dialogue clarity, Bass Extension for a fuller and more impactful sound.
Also features multipoint Bluetooth compatibility (management of two connected audio devices) to enjoy musical content stored on a suitable device (smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.) via streaming, or even broadcast sound from a compatible TV .
Yamaha SR-C30A, the connection
The connection has two optical inputs and an HDMI HDMI socket with management of CEC and ARC functions. Not to mention a 3.5 mm mini-jack stereo input.
Yamaha SR-C30A, the acoustic package
Technically, the Yamaha SR-C30A features two 4.6 centimeter cone full-range speakers. The subwoofer is equipped with a 13 cm woofer loaded with bass-reflex. The amplification displays 2 x 20 W for the broadband specimens and 50 W for the subwoofer, for a total of 90 watts.
Namely, the Yamaha SR-C30A incorporates the Dolby Digital decoder. It can also be fully controlled using a smartphone or tablet after installing the free Android/iOS Sound Bar Remote app. Availability, in black, from September. Indicative price: 369 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Yamaha SR-C30A:
• Type: soundbar
• System: 2.1
• Total power: 90 W (2 x 20 W + 50 W for subwoofer)
• Loudspeaker(s): two 4.6 cm wide-range cone
• Subwoofer: 13 cm woofer, bass-reflex load
• Bluetooth compatibility
• ARC compatibility
• CEC compatibility
• Input(s): 1 HDMI CEC and ARC, 2 optical, 1 3.5mm mini-jack
• Application: Sound Bar Remote
• Dolby Digital decoder
• Bass-Reflex: yes for the subwoofer
• Dimensions (W x H x D, mm): 600 x 64 x 64 mm for the bar, 160 x 335 x 364 mm for the subwoofer
• Consumption: 30 W for the bar, 20 W for the subwoofer (< 0.2 W in standby for the bar, 0.8 W for the subwoofer in standby)
• Weight: 1.3 kg for the bar, 5.7 kg for the box