Regarding the major evolutions offered by the Rotel RC-1572MKII, the Roon Tested label (the Roon application therefore supports the product and adapts the quality of the audio stream read to the capabilities of the device). Finally, we also note the MQA compatibility and the integration of a Texas Instrument 384 kHz / 32-bit digital-to-analog converter instead of an AKM specimen, the manufacturer of Dac still not having resumed its deliveries since fire at its factory last year. It was therefore the choice of this Dac that prompted Rotel to adapt the audio architecture of the RC-1572MKII directly from that of the Michi specimens.
For the rest, there are of course the specifications of the RC-1572. The wish of Rotel, with the RC-1572MKII, is always the same: to offer a device worthy of the reputation of quality of equipment of the Hi-Fi brand, also capable of meeting the new needs of music lovers, especially in the field. wireless connectivity and use of Hi-Res Audio files. Namely, the Rotel RC-1572 can be controlled by IP.
More generally, Rotel has selected the latest components for a sound reproduction at the cutting edge of technology. Likewise, the switching of the sources is ensured by relays, without integrated circuit and, on the digital inputs, the signals are automatically detected.
The connectivity is rich and allows you to enjoy both the best of physical media with three stereo RCA inputs, one Phono MM input, one RCA stereo pre-out output, four digital inputs with two optics and two coaxial, an asynchronous USB-B input (384 kHz / 32 bit and DSD 5.8 MHz compatible) and a subwoofer output.
We also notice an Ethernet port, two USB-A ports, one of which is on the front (the one on the back is powered to connect, for example, a Chromecast Audio module or charge a headed device) and Bluetooth APT- compatibility. X. Finally, there is an XLR stereo input / output, two 12 V Trigger outputs to manage the controlled power-up of other equipment and an RS-232C socket. Last precision, an iOS application is available to control the preamplifier remotely.
Immediate availability, in black or silver, at an indicative price of 1,299 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Rotel RC-1572MKII:
• Model: 2.0
• Signal / noise ratio: 100 dB
• THD (total harmonic distortion): 0.004%
• Frequency response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
• Inputs: 3 stereo RCA inputs, 1 Phono MM input, 1 stereo XLR, 4 digital inputs with 2 optical and 2 coaxial, 1 stereo XLR input, 1 input asynchronous USB-B (384 kHz / 32 bits and DSD 5.8 MHz compatible), 1 USB type A port (1 on the front), 1 Ethernet port, 1 RS-232 socket
• Outputs: 1 Pre- output Out 2.0 for connecting an external amplifier, 1 mono output doubled as a subwoofer, 1 stereo XLR output, 1 headphone output, 2 12 V trigger outputs
• Pure Direct functions
• DSD 2.8 / compatibility 5.6 MHz
• MQA compatibility
• Audio Texas Instrument digital-to-analog converter 384 kHz / 32 bit
• IP Control network
• APT-X Bluetooth network• Multimedia Roon Tested
• Hi-Res Audio streaming via USB / network: yes up to 384 kHz / 32 bit s
• Headphone output: yes
• Dimensions (W x H x D, mm): 431 x 99 x 338 mm
• Consumption: 35 W (<0.5 W in standby)
• Weight: 8.4 kg