Namely, the PML9507 TV series is the only new Mini LED TV in 2022 for Philips. However, the range still has two, the Philips PML9636 plays the extensions and remains in the catalog for an additional year. To come back to the Philips PML9507, it will have three references, the Philips 55PML9507 (55'', 140 cm), Philips 65PML9507 (65'', 165 cm) and Philips 75PML9507 (75'', 191 cm).
P5 6th Gen
After the Philips OLED807 and Philips OLED707 televisions, the Philips PML9507 screens also benefit from the sixth generation of the P5 processor blended with artificial intelligence for a magnified HDR experience (see our news Philips P5 Engine Gen6 processor: HDR10+ Adaptive, Calman Ready, Ambient Intelligence, Imax Enhanced…). We will therefore find all the features associated with this new chip: Imax Enhanced label, ambient light sensor… Not to mention two HDMI 2.0 inputs and two HDMI 2.1 inputs with eARC compatibility, VRR (from 40 Hz to 120 Hz), HFR 4K/120 , ALLM, FreeSync Premium Pro and G-Sync.
About these Mini LED TVs equipped with 10-bit 100 Hz VA LCD panels, Philips announces a luminous peak of 1,500 nits, 95% coverage of the DCI-P3 gamut and a Full LED Local Dimming backlight system consisting of approximately 500 areas.
Ambilight 4 sides and HDR10+ Adaptive, HDR HLG and HDR Dolby Vision
Of course, the brilliant Ambilight process is still relevant, in four-sided mode, such as compatibility with HDR Dolby Vision, HDR HLG and HDR10+ Adaptive technologies. The Smart TV function is based on Android TV 11, still associated with Google Assistant and “Works with Alexa” certification (requires an Amazon Echo Dot type speaker).
2.1 70W sound system
The Philips PML9507 Mini LED TVs incorporate a 2.1 audio system with a total power of 70 watts. The triple-ring type subwoofer is complemented by four passive cones to enhance bass impact. Precision, a Dolby Atmos decoder and a Dolby Atmos Virtualizer function are also required.
Still on the sound side, the Philips PML9507 TVs benefit from the DTS Play-Fi function allowing the configuration of a wireless 5.1 Home Cinema system or the integration of the TV into a multiroom system. Namely, an upcoming Firmware update will allow the Philips PML9507 TV to be used as the center channel in a multi-channel setup.
Namely, the remote control of the Philips PML9507 TVs is identical to that of the premium 2022 models, backlit with a metallic finish. The sides and back of these remotes are covered in eco-friendly leather from Scottish specialist Muirhead.
Marketing scheduled for the end of June. Indicative prices still unknown.
Reminder of the key characteristics of Philips PML9507 TVs:
• 10-bit panel
• 100 Hz panel
• LCD panel
• Ultra HD/4K panel
• Processor: P5 Perfect Picture Engine Gen6 (AI)
• P5 Perfect Sharpness Ultra Resolution function
• P5 Perfect Contrast function
• P5 Perfect Color (WCG, Wide Color Gamut) function• Ambilight + Hue function
• Perfect Natural Reality function
• VRR function
• eARC function
• ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) function
• HFR 4K function /120
• 4-sided Ambilight function
• HDR10 and HDR HLG compatibility
• HDR10+ compatibility
• HDR Dolby Vision compatibility
• HDCP 2.3 compatibility
• HEVC compatibility
• Dolby Atmos compatibility
• Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility
• Wi-Fi ac Dual Band compatibility
• DTS-HD compatibility
• VP9 compatibility
• G-Sync compatibility
• DTS Play-Fi compatibility
• FreeSync Premium Pro compatibility
• HDR10+ Adaptive compatibility
• Imax Enhanced certification
• Outputs: 1 optical
• Inputs: 2 HDMI 2.1, 2 HDMI 2.0, 1 Composite, 2 USB ports (including one 3.0), 1 Ethernet port, 1 CI+ port
• Google Assistant multimedia
• Works with Alexa multimedia
• Android 11 Smart TV multimedia
• Perfect Natural Motion compensation
• Full LED Local Dimming backlight system
• Input Lag: 15 ms
• Number of zones: 500
• Peak light: around 1,500 nits
• Mini LED technology: yes
• DVB- tuner T2
• DVB-C tuner
• DVB-S2 tuner
• Sound section: 2.1
• Power: 70 W
• Energy label: G (SDR & HDR )