In short, the latter takes up all the specifications of the A12 modulo with a few differences, including a Texas Instrument 384 kHz/32-bit digital-analog converter. Still in terms of upgrades, we also note the Roon Tested label (the Roon application therefore supports the product and adapts the quality of the audio stream read to the capabilities of the device).
Rotel A12MKII, main specs
For the rest, there is a power of 2 x 60 W RMS, still delivered by Class A/B amplification associated with a sturdy toroidal transformer. The capacitors are always slit-foil models of 10,0000 microfarads each, capable of handling the most demanding speakers.
Asynchronous USB port on the menu
At the input level, the Rotel A12MKII has five RCA stereo inputs (Phono, Tuner, CD, Aux1 and Aux2), two optical, two coaxial, one asynchronous USB port, two powered USB type A ports (one on the front) , a stereo Pre-Out output for connecting an external amplifier or for connecting a subwoofer, an RS-232 socket, a 6.35mm headphone socket on the front and four pairs of insulated screw terminal blocks to power two pairs of speakers .
Bluetooth APT-X Compatibility
Last details, the Rotel A12MKII is also Bluetooth APT-X compatible to access dematerialized content stored on a suitable device (smartphone, tablet, game console, computer, etc.).
Already available, in black or silver. Indicative price: 1,099 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Rotel A12MKII:
• Model: 2.0
• Power: 2 x 80 W at 8 ohms, 2 x 150 W at 4 ohms
• Signal/ noise: 103 dB (Phono MM: 90 dB)
• THD (total harmonic distortion): 0.018%
• Frequency response: 10 - 90,000 Hz
• Inputs: 5 RCA stereo inputs (Phono MM, Tuner, CD, Aux1 and Aux2), 2 optical, 2 coaxial, 1 asynchronous USB port (installation of a driver required to manage DSD files), 2 powered USB type A ports (including 1 on the front) , 1 RS-232 port
• Outputs: 1 Pre-Out 2.0 output for connecting an external amplifier or for connecting a subwoofer, 1 headphone output, 4 pairs of screw terminal blocks
• Pure Direct functions
• Audio Texas Instrument 384 kHz/32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter
• APT-X Bluetooth Network
• Roon Tested Multimedia
• Hi-Res Audio Streaming via USB/Network: yes up to 384 kHz/32 bits (by installing a driver on the computer)
• Headphone output: yes
• Other(s): toroidal transformer
• Dimensions (W x H x D, mm): 430 x 93 x 345 mm
• Consumption: 230 W (< 0.5 W in standby)
• Weight: 8.76 kg