With the Xperia Pro-1, Sony has given itself the means to achieve its ambition by simply integrating many elements in its smartphone case directly from its expert compact camera Sony RX100 VII, which has won multiple awards around the world. for the quality of his pictures.
Sony Xperia Pro-1, the main specifications
Judge for yourself, the Sony Xperia Pro-1 has a 1 '' Exmor RS sensor with phase detection autofocus (315 points) capable of real prowess in low light (12-bit Raw mode shots), a magnificent bokeh effect and a large dynamic range. This is paired with a Bionz X processor for mobiles and Zeiss Tessar optics with anti-reflective coating and dual aperture f / 2.0-f / 4.0 for, once again, extreme light recovery even in harsh conditions. difficult.
Namely, apart from the photos related to the smartphone itself, the photos in this news are all the work of the Sony Xperia Pro-1. Finally, Photography Pro technology allows full manual setup of the Pro-1 and easy access to automatic settings.
Sony Xperia Pro-1, detail on audio and video capabilities
On the menu, of course, we find the 21/9 CinemaWide Ultra HD 4K HDR10 Oled 6.5 '' (16.51 cm) screen, with a resolution of 3840 x 16644 pixels (643 ppi) with a refresh rate of 120 hertz. In addition, it provides 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 gamut.
There is a quadruple lens: 12 Mpxls wide-angle main sensor (f / 2.0-f / 4.0, 24 mm, PDAF, stabilized, photosite 2.42 µm) + ultra-wide-angle sensor 12 Mpxls (f / 2.2, 16mm, PDAF) + 12 Mpxls telephoto sensor (f / 2.4, 50mm, 2x optical zoom, stabilized, PDAF) + 3D ToF sensor to better manage depth of field . For its part, the selfie camera is of 8 Mpxls obedience (f / 2.0, 24 mm, photosite 1.12 µm). On the photographic side, the camera offers Eye AF (which detects and tracks the subject's eyes) and Real Time Tracking (even during video recording) in real time for humans and animals.
For the video, recording is assured up to 2 160p HDR10 at 120 fps or up to 1080p at 240 fps on the camera and 1080p at 30 fps on the selfie camera. Namely, slow motion is possible up to 2160p at 120 frames per second.
Processor, connectivity and connectivity
The processor is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G Octa Core specimen (1 x 2.84 GHz Kryo 680 + 3 x 2.42 GHz Kryo 680 + 4 x 1.80 GHz Kryo 680) engraved in 5 nm and supported by a chip Adreno 660 graphics, 12 GB of Ram and 512 GB of flash memory (expandable up to 1 TB via micro-SDXC). The device is powered by the Android 11 operating system and has a 4,500 mAh battery with wireless charging and fast charging (up to 50% in just 30 minutes).
It is also equipped with two front speakers and Dolby Atmos compatibility. It also takes advantage of Sony's exclusive spatial audio technology, 360 Reality Audio. In addition, it benefits from the new DSEE Ultimate technology. The latter uses artificial intelligence to adapt the audio frequency and the signal rate in real time for always optimized sound quality. In this, the Sony Xperia Pro-1 smartphone remains true to the philosophy of its predecessors, intended to reproduce a cinematic experience on a screen the size of a smartphone. Hi-Res Audio and IP65 / IP68 certifications are also on the menu.
Last precision to close the sound chapter, the Sony Xperia Pro-1 also has a mono microphone "stuck" to the main camera to improve the sound pickup of voices, and to "confine" the other sounds behind. plan.
In terms of connectivity, there are Bluetooth 5.2 APT-X HD, Wi-Fi 6 Dual Band, Wi-Fi Direct and UPnP (DLNA) compatibilities. Finally, the 3.5 mm Hi-Res Audio mini-jack output is 192 kHz / 24 bit compatible and a fingerprint sensor is present on the side of the terminal in addition to a USB-C connector.
Available in December, in frosted black with 3 months free subscription to the Tidal service. Indicative price: 1,799 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Sony Xperia Pro-1:
• OS: Android 11
• Network: 5G / LTE, HSPA, GSM
• Screen: Oled 6.5 ' '(16.51 cm)
• Coating: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
• Resolution: 3840 x 1644 pixels (643 dpi)
• Aspect ratio: 21: 9
• Color space (gamut): 100% DCI-P3, Rec.2020
• Processor: Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 (1 x 2.84 GHz Kryo 680 + 3 x 2.42 GHz Kryo 680 + 4 x 1, 80 GHz Kryo 680) engraved in 5 nm
• Graphics chip: Adreno 660
• RAM: 12 GB
• Flash: 512 GB (expandable up to 1 TB by SDXC card)
• Camera: 12 Mpxls wide-angle main sensor (f / 2.0-f / 4.0, 24 mm, PDAF, stabilized, 2.42 µm photosite) + 12 Mpxls ultra-wide-angle sensor (f / 2 , 2.16 mm, PDAF) + 12 Mpxls telephoto sensor (f / 2.4, 50 mm, 2x optical zoom, stabilized, PDAF) + 3D ToF type sensor to better manage the depth of field
• Selfie camera: 8 Mpxls (f / 2.0, 24 mm, photosite 1.12 µm)
• Wi ‑ Fi Direct compatibility
• Com HDR10 compatibility
• NFC compatibility
• UPnP (DLNA) compatibility
• Wi-Fi compatibility ax Dual Band
• Bluetooth 5.2 compatibility APT-X / NFC
• Others : GPS, A-GPA, Glonass
• Function (s): fast charging function (30 W), wireless fast charging function
• Video capture: up to 2 160p at 120 fps on the camera or 1080p at 240 fps, 1080p at 30 fps on the Selfie camera
• Fingerprint sensor: yes, on the side
• Certification: Hi-Res Audio, IP65 / IP68
• Sound section: 192 kHz / 24 bit compatibility
• Connector: USB-C, micro-SDXC
• 3.5 mm mini-jack headphone socket: yes
• Battery: 4,500 mAh (not removable)
• Reverse Charging function: yes
• Dimensions: 166 x 72 x 8.9 mm
• Weight: 221 g