Released last year, the True Wireless Pixel Buds Pro continue to evolve with new features brought by a recent software update. Incidentally, the headphones come in two new colors (see photos below): Azure Blue and Porcelain, allowing them to match the recently released Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro and Pixel Watch 2.
Google Pixel Buds Pro, update of a 5-band equalizer for the Head Tracking function
Among the new functions, note a fully customizable five-band equalizer, dynamic spatial sound associated with the Head Tracking functionality for total sound immersion, and compatibility with Ultra-Wideband Bluetooth technology (UWB, or super wide band in French ). The bandwidth is thus doubled for voices, allowing the interlocutors to hear you more clearly.
Pixel Buds application for hearing care and automatic transparency mode
Also, the Pixel Buds app indicates at what volume you listened to the music and when to turn down the volume to take care of your hearing well-being. With conversation detection enabled, Pixel Buds Pro detects when you start speaking, pausing the music and switching the earbuds to Transparency mode. Once the conversation ends, the music resumes and active noise cancellation is re-enabled.
Bluetooth Low Latency Gaming Mode
Finally, a low latency gaming mode automatically activates and halves latency when you play a compatible game on your connected Pixel phone.
Indicative price: 219 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Google Pixel Buds Pro:
• Type: in-ear headphones
• Speakers: 11 mm closed dynamic
• Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0• Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP/AVRCP/HFP/HSP
• Codecs: SBC, AAC
• Certification: Hi-Res Audio, IPX4
• Function(s): Silent Seal, mode Transparency
• Active noise reduction: yes
• Battery life: 7 hours with active noise reduction, 11 hours (continuous connection including playback), 31 hours with the storage case and its integrated battery
• Charging time: 1 hour for headphones, 2 hours for case
• Weight: 6.2g for headphones, 62.4g for case