Equipped with JBL OpenSound technology, the Soundgear Sense are the first JBL air conduction wireless headphones. This means that the headphones are in contact with the ears but without being inserted into the pinna.
JBL Soundgear Sense, acoustic package
JBL Soundgear Sense headphones feature 16.2mm drivers and a bass enhancement algorithm, as well as multipoint Bluetooth connectivity (two devices simultaneously) to easily switch between sources. Four microphones support phone call quality, and the IP54 rating allows for resistance to sweat, dust and splashes. Finally, note the detachable neck strap for additional support during intensive sports sessions, for example.
A word to Carsten Olesen, president of the Consumer Audio division at Harman
“We have developed features like Ambient Aware for our various headphone lines that have become very popular,” said Carsten Olesen, president of Consumer Audio at Harman. It is with this in mind that we wanted to take the next step by creating an open design that offers a real connection with the outside world. With the JBL Soundgear Sense we have integrated JBL audio excellence into air conduction headphones and we are very proud of the result. Furthermore, our JBL OpenSound technology allows us to guarantee an exceptional audio experience, of which only JBL has the secret, even with an innovative format.” Available immediately in black and white colors. Indicative price: 149.99 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the JBL Soundgear Sense:
• Type: wireless air conduction earphones
• Speaker(s): 16.2 mm dynamic
• Response in frequency: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
• Sensitivity: 112 dB @ 1 kHz @ 1 wV
• Impedance: 32 ohms
• Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.3
• Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP/AVRCP/HFP
• Codecs: SBC, AAC
• Certification: IP54
• Function(s): Google Fast Pair
• Google voice assistant(s) Assistant
• Amazon Alexa voice assistant(s)
• Battery life: 6 hours for headphones, 24 hours with charging case
• Charging time: 120 minutes
• Fast charge: 15 minutes for 4 additional hours of battery life
• Other(s): My JBL Headphones application, 4 microphones (2 per earphone) for perfect voice clarity during phone calls
• Weight: 5.3 g for the neck strap, 68.1 g for the case