Sober and elegant, the Technics SU-GX70 is a connected amplifier with many streaming features. Thus, it is possible to enjoy your music library wirelessly via Bluetooth, Chromecast (integrated) or Wi-Fi ax Dual Band, AirPlay 2, Ethernet with the UPnP (DLNA) audio gateway function. Direct access to Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify, Tidal and soon Amazon Music HD (firmware update to come), web radios offer a multitude of audio sources. Likewise, Roon Ready certification is coming via update.
Technics SU-GX70, rich connectivity
In addition to streaming, the Technics SU-GX70 also accepts a number of physical sources thanks to a rich connection system: a Phono MM input, two RCA line inputs, a coaxial input, two optical, an Ethernet port, a USB-A port and a headphone output on the front, an asynchronous USB-B port and an HDMI 2.0b output with the ARC function to retrieve sound from the television, a game console or a Blu-Ray player, for example. To be complete on the connection chapter, we must also mention a stereo Pre-Out output on RCA and two pairs of screw terminals.
Technics SU-GX70, Jeno and LAPC at the controls
If the digital amplification of the Technics SU-GX70 delivers 2 x 80 W under 4 ohms (2 x 40 W under 8 ohms), the exclusive digital circuit Jeno (Jitter Elimination and Noise-Shaping Optimization) allowing to reduce residual noise generated by the power supply circuit is of course always appropriate. The same applies to the LAPC (Load Adaptive Phase Calibration) system so that the speakers can display a totally linear “amplitude/frequency” curve. The power supply and the network circuit are also specific in order to reduce the distortion caused by the fluctuations of the frequency of the current. Finally, everything has been designed to minimize the signal path between the source and the amplification stage.
Technics SU-GX70, wide codec compatibility
The Technics SU-GX70 is compatible with DSD 2.8/5.6/11.2 MHz files and accepts MQA, AIFF, Alac, Flac, LPCM, Wav files up to 384 kHz/32 bits, in plus AAC and MP3. An FM/DAB+ tuner is also present. An Oled display on the front provides information on the song being broadcast.
Scheduled to be available in June, in silver or black brushed aluminum finish. Indicative price: 1,799 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Technics SU-GX70EG:
• Model: 2.0
• Power: 2 x 40 W at 8 ohms, 2 x 80 W at 4 ohms
• Answer in frequency: 20 Hz-20 kHz (Phono), 20 Hz-40 kHz (Line), 20 Hz-80 kHz (Digital)
• Inputs: 1 Phono MM input, 2 RCA line inputs, 1 coaxial input, 2 optical, 1 Ethernet port, 1 USB-A port, 1 USB Host type A port and 1 asynchronous USB type-B port
• Outputs: 1 HDMI 2.0b output with ARC function to retrieve sound from the TV , a game console or a Blu-Ray player for example, 11 stereo Pre-Out outputs on RCA and two pairs of screw terminals
• Functions UPnP (DLNA) audio gateway
• Functions Pure Direct
• Tidal functions
• Deezer functions
• Qobuz functions
• Spotify functions
• Amazon Music HD functions
• AIFF, Alac, Flac compatibility , Wav, MP3, AAC, LPCM, DSD 2.8/5.6/11.2 MHz
• MQA compatibility
• Chromecast compatibility (integrated)
• Audio digital circuit Jeno (Jitter Elimination and Noise-Shaping Optimization)
• AirPlay 2 network
• Bluetooth network
• Dual Band Wi-Fi network
• DAB+ tuner
• FM tuner 30 presets
• Headphone output: yes
• Dimensions (W x H x D, mm): 430 x 98 x 368 mm
• Weight: 6.6 kg