Launched in early February, the OnePlus Buds Pro 2 are the first True Wireless headphones (Bluetooth 5.3) to use Google's spatial audio feature designed for Android 13.
OnePlus Buds Pro 2, acoustic package
The two-way headphones of the OnePlus Buds Pro 2, equipped with MelodyBoost Dual Drivers technology (11 mm woofer + 6 mm tweeter), developed in partnership with Dynaudio, offer high quality sound reproduction, further magnified by the presence of 'an equalizer signed by the famous film music composer Hans Zimmer (see our news True Wireless OnePlus Buds Pro 2, Hans Zimmer inside).
OnePlus Buds Pro 2, Head Tracking process
In addition, the OnePlus Buds Pro 2 also benefit from a Head Tracking process. So whatever the movements of the head, the sound always comes from a fixed place (like for a concert where the music comes from the stage) with a 3D audio quality worthy of the cinema, according to OnePlus. Multi-dimensional sound is created through a bespoke stereo upmix algorithm for consumer audio and video application content.
OnePlus Buds Pro 2, Bulk Specs
A fast Android pairing, allowing you to quickly connect to nearby suitable devices is also required. Next, the Android Audio Switching feature allows the Buds Pro 2 to connect to two Android devices simultaneously, and seamlessly switch audio between them based on user actions, without going through Bluetooth settings. other specifications include active noise reduction (up to 48 dB), three microphones per earpiece and IPX4 certification.
The word to Erik Kay, VP of Engineering at Android
“We've added spatial audio functionality to Android 13 that partners can use in their own devices,” said Erik Kay, VP of Engineering at Android. As OnePlus incorporates this new framework in addition to support for quick pairing and audio switching, we look forward to adding their Buds 2 Pro Series to the Android ecosystem of 100% compatible connected devices.”Available immediately. Indicative price: 179 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the OnePlus Buds Pro 2:
• Type: closed dynamic in-ear headphones
• Speaker(s): 11mm woofer + 6mm tweeter
• Frequency response: 10-40,000 Hz
• Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.3
• Supported Bluetooth profiles: BLE/SPP/A2DP/AVRCP/HFP
• Codecs: SBC, AAC/LC3/ LHDC
• NFC: no
• Certification: IPX4 for the case, IP55 for the headphones
• Functions: MelodyBoost Dual Drivers, Head Tracking, Spatial Audio Google, equalizer
• Reduction active noise reduction: yes, up to 48 dB
• Autonomy: 9 hours of listening time + 30 hours for the box without noise reduction; 6 hours of listening time + 18 hours for the case with noise reduction
• Weight: 4.9 g for the headphones, 47.3 g for the charging case