Replacing the PMA-1600NE, the Denon PMA-1700NE offers the same power, 2 x 70 W at 8 ohms / 2 x 140 W at 4 ohms, via an oversized power supply circuit with ample current reserves. The latter, derived from Ultra High Current Mos (UHC) field-effect transistors (FET), with Schottky diodes, make it possible to deliver high intensities for increased sound dynamics. Above all, this makes it possible to adapt to all types of speakers, even those deemed difficult to manage.
Careful manufacturing and Analog mode
Another aspect of manufacturing studied with meticulousness, the path of the sound signal. With the Denon PMA-1700NE, this is minimal to minimize its degradation. Finally, the direct construction on chassis (1 mm thick steel plate and ABS resin feet) with a total of six separate blocks plus a large potentiometer, and neat, greatly reduces interference between the different components. .
The Denon PMA-1700NE amplifier also features an Analogue mode for preserved quality and optimal performance from the analogue inputs, cutting off any unused sections. In terms of features and equipment, there is also a Source Direct selector to bypass the tone, balance and loudness adjustment circuits... Of course, it features the latest generation of Advanced AL32 Plus Processing technology for unparalleled precision, even in the presence of a Hi-Res Audio source, by restoring information lost during the recording of the audio signal. Of course, the transformer has separate power supplies to handle the analog and digital sections independently.
Asynchronous USB type B port
The connectors include an MC/MM Phono input, three RCA stereos, a stereo pre-amp input for use as a power amp with a Hi-Fi pre-amp or a multi-channel amp, two optical, one coaxial and one recorder output. Plus an asynchronous USB type-B port compatible with files up to 384 kHz/32 bits and DSD 11.2 MHz, the indications of the latter being displayed on the front screen. And the TI PCM1795 digital-to-analog converter with master clock provides consistently accurate signal conversion. Namely, the Dac embeds a digital isolator to filter out unwanted noise from a computer or a connected digital source. Four pairs of terminal blocks must be added for the connection of two pairs of speakers.
Available, in silver or black, immediately. Indicative price: 1,999 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Denon PMA-1700NE:
• Model: 2.0
• Power: 2 x 70 W at 8 ohms, 2 x 140 W at 4 ohms
• Ratio signal-to-noise: 107 dB
• THD (total harmonic distortion): 0.07%
• Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
• Inputs: 1 Phono MM/MC input, 3 RCA inputs including 1 Recorder input, 1 stereo pre-amp input (to use it as a power amp with a Hi-Fi pre-amp or a multi-channel amp), 2 two optical inputs, 1 coaxial
• Outputs : 1 recorder output, 1 headphone output, 1 asynchronous type-B USB, 2 pairs of screw terminals
• OSD functions
• Pure Direct functions
• AL32 Plus Processing functions
• Flac HD compatibility
• Wav compatibility
• Alac compatibility
• DSD 2.8/5.6/11.2 MHz compatibility
• Audio Double Burr-Brown PCM1795 converter
• Hi-Res Audio certification
• Headphone output: yes
• Dimensions (W x H x D, mm): 434 x 135 x 410 mm
• Consumption: 295 W (0.2 W in standby)
• Weight: 17.6 kg