The Yamaha WS-B1A speaker is a wireless model (Bluetooth 5.0) with the IP67 standard, thus resistant to dust and humidity, and even to immersion at 1 meter for 30 minutes (if you want to be in the tub momentarily, you never know).
Yamaha WS-B1A, acoustic package
In terms of sound, the Yamaha WS-B1A is equipped with a 5.5 cm wideband loudspeaker supported by two passive radiators, also 5.5 cm, for a total power of 10 watts. The battery lasts for a dozen hours, and it takes 3 hours to fully charge.
Yamaha WS-B1A, design and size
The design of the Yamaha WS-B1A is furiously similar to that of a Sonos One, or even more so to the late Sonos Play:1. Luckily, the latter were real successes, the Yamaha WS-B1A offering a noticeably more compact size, nomadic character obliges.
Availability announced for the month of October. Indicative price: 129.99 euros.
Reminder of the key characteristics of the Yamaha WS-B1A loudspeaker:
• Type: 1.0
• Wideband loudspeaker: 1 x 5.5 cm
• Passive radiators: 2 x 5.5 cm
• Power: 10 W
• Bandwidth: 75-20,000 Hz
• Connections: 1 USB-C port (charging)
• Certification: IP67
• Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility(s)
• Battery: 12 hours of listening time at a reasonable level (3 hours for a full charge)
• Function: Clear Voice
• Dimensions (L x D x H): 88 x 105 x 88 mm
• Weight: 0.49 kg