The Sharp EQ3 4K Ultra HD LED TV series has four references, the Sharp 50EQ3 (50 '', 127 cm), Sharp 55EQ3 (55 '', 140 cm), Sharp 65EQ3 (65 ', 165 cm) and Sharp 75EQ3 (75 '', 191 cm). Compared to the Sharp DN series specimens, there are many major differences listed below.
In the first place, because immediately visible, the design of course with a perforated central foot and an extremely thin LCD panel frame. We also note the technology of Quantum Dots nanocrystals for a very wide coverage of the DCI-P3 gamut (92%), the Android 11 Smart TV function (compared to Android TV 9.0) and an integrated stereo soundbar (tweeter and midrange woofer equipped with an acoustic chamber of 0.5 l for each speaker on each channel), and signed Harman Kardon, delivering a power of 2 x 15 watts. We can also cite an Active Motion 1000 motion compensation, a Direct LED Global Dimming backlighting system (light peak of 400 nits) and a connection with four HDMI 2.1 inputs with eARC, VRR (48 Hz to 60 Hz) and ALLM functions. . Plus a Game mode and an Input Lag around 10 milliseconds.
To be complete, we must also point out an ambient light sensor, an integrated microphone on one of the two remote controls provided for voice control of the TV via Google Assistant and Apple TV and Stadia compatibility, in addition to the classics Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney +…
For the rest, we find Dolby Atmos and HDR Dolby Vision compatibilities, HDR10 and HDR HLG compatibilities, a Wide Color Gamut LCD panel, a DVB-T2 / DVB-S2 and DVB-C tuner. Likewise for the management of Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS: X.
On the program still, the HBBTV, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions. Via USB, the following video codecs are played back: VP9, AVI, MKV, MP4, Mov, ASF, Vob, TS, Mpeg and FLV. Likewise for audio with MP3, M4A, AAC, EAC3, Wav, Flac and LPCM files.
In terms of connectivity, apart from the HDMI 2.1 inputs already mentioned, the Sharp EQ3 TVs have two USB Host ports, a Composite, a stereo input, an Ethernet port and an SD memory card reader. Plus an optical output and a headphone output.
Availability, in black, announced for the first quarter of 2022. Indicative prices: € 799 for the Sharp 50EQ3, € 899 for the Sharp 55EQ3, € 1,199 for the Sharp 65EQ3 and € 1,599 for the Sharp 75EQ3.
Reminder of the key features of Sharp EQ3 TVs:
• 50 Hz panel
• Ultra HD / 4K panel
• 10-bit panel (8 bits + FRC)
• Processor: Quad Core
• Wide Color Gamut function
• eARC function
• VRR function
• ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) function
• Quantum Dots function
• HDR10 and HDR HLG compatibility
• Bluetooth compatibility
• Dolby Digital Plus compatibility
• HDR Dolby Vision compatibility
• HDCP 2.2 compatibility
• Wi-Fi compatibility
• HEVC compatibility
• Dolby Atmos compatibility
• DTS compatibility: X
• HBBTV compatibility
• CEC compatibility
• DTS Virtual compatibility: X
• Chromecast compatibility
• VP9 compatibility
• Outputs: 1 optical, 1 headphone
• Inputs: 4 HDCP 2.2 compatible HDMI CEC 2.1 inputs, including 1 with eARC functions, 1 Composite, 1 stereo, 2 USB Host ports compatible with Fat32 and NTFS, a micro-SD memory card reader, and 1 Ethernet port
• Multimedia Goog the Assistant
• Multimedia Smart TV Android 11
• Direct LED Global Dimming backlight system
• Active Motion 1000 motion compensation
• Harman Kardon 2.0 sound system
• Input Lag: 10 ms
• Peak light: 400 nits
• DVB-T2 tuner
• DVB-C tuner
• DVB-S2 tuner
• Power: 30 W (2 x 15 W)
• Dimensions: 1447 x 926.4 x 277.3 mm