Like the previous Rotel specimens presented in our columns in recent days, in the chapter of the major evolutions proposed by the Rotel RA-1592MKII we count the Roon Tested label (the Roon application therefore supports the product and adapts the quality of the audio stream played at the device's capabilities), MQA compatibility and the integration of a Texas Instrument 384 kHz / 32-bit digital-to-analog converter in lieu of an AKM specimen, the manufacturer of Dac does still not having resumed its deliveries since the fire at its factory last year. It was therefore the choice of this Dac that prompted Rotel to adapt the audio architecture of the RA-1592MKII directly from that of the brand's Michi models.
The wish of the Japanese manufacturer, with the RA-1592MKII, is therefore to offer a device on the one hand faithful to the long line of Hi-Fi amplifiers, but also capable of meeting the new needs of amateurs music, particularly in the field of wireless connectivity and the use of Hi-Res Audio files. Namely, the Rotel RA-1592MKII can be controlled by IP.
These elements are always associated with a toroidal transformer, as usual, entirely manufactured by Rotel. The latter is accompanied by T-Network capacitors known to accurately deliver the voltage and current necessary for excellent audio reproduction. The total power delivered shows 2 x 200 W at 8 ohms.
The connectivity is rich and allows you to enjoy both the best of physical media with three stereo RCA inputs, one MM Phono input, one RCA stereo Pre-Out output, six digital inputs with three optical and three coaxial , an asynchronous USB-B input (384 kHz / 32 bit and DSD 5.8 MHz compatible) and a subwoofer output (doubled mono).
We also notice an Ethernet port, a powered front USB-A port (for example to connect a Chromecast Audio module or charge a headed device) and APT-X Bluetooth compatibility. Finally, there are four pairs of screw terminal blocks (A / B), an XLR stereo input, two 12 V Trigger outputs to manage the controlled power-up of other equipment, an RS-232C socket and a 3.5 mm mini-jack. titled Ext Rem to control the amplifier via an external wired remote control. Last precision, the iOS Rotel Remote App is available to control the amplifier remotely.
Availability announced for the month of July, in black or silver. Indicative price: 2,699 euros.
Reminder of the key characteristics of the Rotel RA-1592MKII:
• Model: 2.0
• Power: 2 x 200 W at 8 ohms, 2 x 350 W at 4 ohms
• Ratio signal / noise: 102 dB (Phono MM: 90 dB)
• THD (total harmonic distortion): 0.008%
• Frequency response: 10 - 90,000 Hz
• Inputs: 3 inputs RCA stereo, 1 Phono MM input, 1 XLR stereo, 6 digital inputs with 3 optical and 3 coaxial, 1 asynchronous USB-B input (384 kHz / 32 bits and 5.8 MHz DSD compatible, installation of a driver required for the DSD file management), 1 powered USB type A port (front), 1 Ethernet port, 1 RS-232 socket, 1 12 V trigger input, 1 external 3.5 mm input for external remote control
• Outputs: 1 Pre-Out 2.0 output for connecting an external amplifier, 1 mono output doubled as a subwoofer, 1 headphone output, four pairs of screw terminals (A / B), 1 12 V trigger output
• Pure Direct functions
• MQA compatibility
• Audio Digital-to-analog converter ue Texas Instrument 384 kHz / 32 bits
• IP Control Network
• APT-X Bluetooth Network
• Roon Tested Multimedia
• Hi-Res Audio Streaming via USB / Network: yes up to 384 kHz / 32 bits (via installation of a driver on the computer)
• Headphone output: yes
• Other: toroidal transformer
• Dimensions (L x H x D, mm): 431 x 144 x 425 mm
• Consumption: 500 W (<0.5 W in standby)
• Weight: 17.63 kg