New born of Sony's premium 5G smartphones, the Xperia 10 V replaces the Sony Xperia 10 IV which appeared last year at the same time.
Sony Xperia 10V, screen and audio capabilities
On the menu, there is a screen in 21/9 Ultra HD 4K Oled 6.1'' (15.49 cm) format with a resolution of 1,080 x 2,520 pixels (449 ppi), HDR10 compatible and announced 1.5x more brighter than its predecessor. Similarly, the Triluminos technology from the brand's Bravia televisions offers better color accuracy while the Corning Gorilla Glass Victus coating gives it excellent protection against shocks. Finally, as a reminder, the 21/9 format also allows the display of two applications simultaneously.
It also features full-range stereo speakers to enhance the sound of bass and kick drums. A 3.5 mm mini-jack socket is also included. Ditto for 192 kHz/24-bit compatibility and Hi-Res Audio certification. In addition, it benefits from DSEE Ultimate technology. The latter uses artificial intelligence to adapt the audio frequency and the signal rate in real time for an always optimized sound quality.
Sony Xperia 10V, photo and video capabilities
Sony has not forgotten to equip its Xperia 10 V with advanced photo capabilities. There is indeed a triple lens: wide-angle 48 Mpxls Exmor T for mobile about 1.7 times larger than last year's specimen (f / 1.8, 26 mm, PDAF, stabilized, photosite 0.8 µm) + 8 Mpxls telephoto lens (54 mm, f/2.2, PDAF, 2x optical zoom, stabilized, 1 µm photosite) + 8 Mpxls ultra-wide-angle (16 mm, f/2.2, 1.12 photosite µm). Everything is optimized for shooting in low light conditions and moving objects. Finally, the selfie camera is also equipped with an 8 Mpxls image sensor (26 mm, f/2.0, 1.12 µm photosite). Note that optical image stabilization (OIS) is not only reserved for photos, it also works for videos thanks to Optical SteadyShot technology.
Video capture is possible up to 1080p at 30 fps on the APN or on the selfie camera.
Sony Xperia 10V, processor and battery
The processor is an Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G specimen (2 x 2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold + 6 x 1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver) engraved in 5 nm and supported by an Adreno 619 graphics chip, 6 GB of Ram and 128 GB of flash memory (expandable by micro-SDXC card up to 1 TB). The device is powered by the latest Android 13 operating system and the battery boasts a capacity of 5000 mAh.
Sony Xperia 1 V, connectors, connectivity and specifications in bulk
On the connection side, there is a USB Type-C port, Wi-Fi ac Dual Band compatibility, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.1 (LDAC, APT-X HD and APT-X Adaptive) and NFC for connectivity. Finally, a fingerprint sensor on the side of the smartphone is in order. Another good point, the Sony Xperia 10 V is resistant to water and dust (IP65/68 certifications), as well as shocks (Corning Gorilla Glass Victus coating on the front and back).
Available from mid-June 2023 in black, lavender, white or sage green. Indicative price: 449 euros.
Reminder of the key features of the Sony Xperia 1 V:
• OS: Android 13
• Network: 5G/LTE, HSPA, GSM
• Screen: Oled 6.5'' (16.51 cm)
• Coating: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
• Resolution: 1644 x 3840 pixels (643 ppi)
• Aspect ratio: 21:9
• Processor : Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (1 x 3.2 GHz Cortex-X3 + 2 x 2.8 GHz Cortex-A715 + 2 x 2.8 GHz Cortex-A710 + 3 x 2.0 GHz Cortex-A510) engraved in 4 nm
• Graphics chip: Adreno 740
• RAM: 12 GB
• Flash: 256 GB (expandable up to 1 TB by SDXC card)
• Camera: large -angle 48 Mpxls Exmor T for mobile about 1.7 times larger than last year's specimen (f/1.9, 24 mm, Dual Pixel PDAF, stabilized, photosite 1.12 µm) + telephoto 12 Mpxls ( 85mm-125mm, f/2.3-f/2.8, Dual Pixel PDAF, 3.5x-5.2x optical zoom, stabilized) + 12MP ultra-wide-angle (16mm, f/2, 2, Dual Pixel PDAF), LED flash, HDR
• Selfie camera: 12 Mpxls (f/2.0, 24 mm, photosite 1.25 µm)
• Wi‑Fi Direct compatibility• UPnP (DLNA) compatibility
• Wi-Fi 6e Tri-Band compatibility
• Bluetooth 5.3 APT-X Adaptive/NFC compatibility
• Others: GPS, A-GPA, Glonass
• Function(s): fast charge function (30 W)
• Video capture: up to 2,160p up to 120 fps or 1,080p up to 120 fps on the APN and up to 2160p at 30 fps on the selfie camera
• Fingerprint sensor: yes, on the screen
• Certification: Hi-Res Audio, IP65/68
• Unlocking via facial recognition: yes
• Sound section: 192 kHz/24-bit compatibility
• Connector: USB-C, micro-SDXC
• 3.5 mm mini-Jack headphone socket: yes
• Battery: 5,000 mAh (not removable)
• Reverse Charging function: yes
• Dimensions: 165 x 71 x 8.3 mm
• Weight: 187 g