As a reminder, Mediatek processors are present in nearly 70% of televisions in the world, particularly under the Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Sony and Xiaomi brands. And their task is immense in terms of audio, video and multimedia processing even if, of course, each manufacturer or brand also integrates its own technologies.
Mediatek Pentonic 1000, 100% Mediatek 700 specs
Also dedicated to 4K UHD televisions, the Pentonic 1000 chip, the availability of which is announced by its parent in the 2023 vintage TVs, of course includes all the specifications of the Pentonic 700. We therefore find, in bulk, the management of signals up to at 144 Hz, HDR10+ Adaptive and Gaming certifications, HDR Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail, features related to the HDMI 2.1 standard (VRR, ALLM, etc.), Dolby Atmos decoding, HEVC (H.2665), VVC ( H.266) and AV1, Wi-Fi 6E function… Namely, the latest version of Motion Estimation Motion Compensation (MEMC) is operational up to 120 hertz.
Mediatek Pentonic 1000, management of 4 HDMI 2.1 ports
The novelties of the Pentonic 1000 (multi-core processor supported by a dual-core graphics processor and a dedicated AI processing unit -APU-) lie in its support for four HDMI 2.1 connectors (against only two so far) and in a display of an image wall up to 8 simultaneous distinct sources. With the possibility of assigning for each of them different audio and video settings and support for HDR technologies. Thus, it will be possible to enjoy two Dolby Vision HDR contents simultaneously on the screen, in multi-windowing.
Voices to Alex Chen, General Manager of MediaTek TV Business Unit
“We designed the Mediatek Pentonic 1000 specifically to address current smart TV trends, including 4K streaming, cloud gaming, video conferencing and movie nights,” said Alex Chen, business unit general manager. TV at Mediatek. With support for 4K HDR content, 120Hz frame rates, MEMC, AI enhancements, Wi-Fi 6/6E connectivity and cutting-edge codecs like VVC, the Pentonic 1000 will deliver the ultimate 4K viewing experience”.
Reminder of the key characteristics of the Mediatek Pentonic 1000 processor:
- Type of processor: Quad Core ARM Cortex-A73
- Maximum processor frequency: 2 GHz- Memory: 4266 Mbps 64-bit LPDDR4/4X
- GPU type: ARM Mali-G57 MC2- Maximum GPU frequency: 800 MHz
• Display- Maximum display resolution: 3840 x 2160 (UHD 4K) @ 120Hz/144Hz VRR- ME/MC: 3840 x 2160 (UHD 4K) @ 120Hz
- HDR : HDR Dolby Vision IQ with precision details, HDR HLG, HDR10 (SMPTE2084), HDR Technicolors/Philips JHDR (ESTI TS 103 433), HDR10+
• Video decoding- VVC (H.266), HEVC (H.265), AV1, AVS3
- Demodulators: DVB-T/C/T2/S/S2/S2X, ATSC, ISDB- T, DTMB
• Audio decoding - Dolby Atmos (2.6), DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS Virtual X, MPEG-H
• Microphone- Yes
• AI- Built-in AI processor: MediaTek DLA
• AI display- AI-Super Resolution 2.0 with detailed reconstruction- AI-Picture Quality 2.0 scene recognition- AI-Picture Quality 3.0 object recognition with depth and richer PQ enhancement
• Interfaces- HDMI 2.1 x 4- USB 3.2 Gen-1 (5 Gb/s) x 2- USB 2.0