Thus, the surface of the True Wireless Sennheiser CX Plus Special Edition earphones feature a matte black surface, and not shiny like on the CX Plus, which gives them an even more exclusive look. For the rest, they are still wireless headphones integrating Active Noise Cancellation technology and the Transparent Hearing function to reconnect to its environment when necessary.
Sennheiser CX Plus Special Edition, main specs
On the sound side, the CX Plus SE they are equipped with an acoustic system based on 7 mm transducers (frequency response from 5 Hz to 21 kHz) and originally developed for the brand's premium headphones. Each earbud is independent so left and right can be used together or separately.
Sennheiser CX Plus Special Edition, autonomy and connectivity
Each earpiece is also equipped with two microphones to optimize voice pick-up and improve the rendering of telephone conversations and communications with voice assistants. The Smart Pause function activates/deactivates playback when the earphones are removed/replaced, and the autonomy displays 27 hours including the charges contained in the storage/charging case, 9 hours for the earphones alone. Also of note, compatibility with Bluetooth 5.2 and with SBC, AAC, APT-X and APT-X Adaptive codecs, as well as an IPX4 waterproof rating.
Available from April 1st, in black only. Indicative price: 179.90 euros.
Reminder of the key characteristics of the Sennheiser CX Plus True Wireless SE:
• Type: closed dynamic in-ear headphones
• Loudspeaker(s): TrueResponse, 7 mm diameter• Frequency response: 5 - 21,000 Hz
• Sensitivity: 110 dB
• Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 0.08%
• Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2• Supported Bluetooth profiles: HFP, AVRCP, A2DP
• Codecs: AAC, SBC, APT-X, APT-X Adaptive
• Certification: IPX4
• Function: EQ (equalizer)
• Active noise reduction: yes
• Voice assistants Google Assistant, Apple Siri
• Autonomy: 9 hours, 27 hours with the charging case
• Charging time: 1, 5 hours
• Weight: 6 g per earpiece, 37 g for the case