The Sharp EQ4 4K Ultra HD LED TV series, like the Sharp EQ3, has four references, the Sharp 50EQ4 (50 '', 127 cm), Sharp 55EQ4 (55 '', 140 cm), Sharp 65EQ4 (65 ', 165 cm) and Sharp 75EQ4 (75' ', 191 cm). In short, the specifications of the latter are strictly identical to those of the Sharp EQ3 TVs, with one difference, a silver finish, not black.
We find a perforated central foot, an extremely thin LCD panel frame, Quantum Dots nanocrystals technology for a very wide coverage of the DCI-P3 gamut (92%), the Android 11 Smart TV function (compared to Android TV 9.0) and an integrated stereo soundbar (tweeter and midrange woofer with an acoustic chamber of 0.5 l for each speaker on each channel) signed Harman Kardon, delivering a power of 2 x 15 watts. We can also cite an Active Motion 1000 motion compensation, a Direct LED Global Dimming backlighting system (light peak of 400 nits) and a connection with four HDMI 2.1 inputs with eARC, VRR (48 Hz to 60 Hz) and ALLM functions. . Plus a Game mode and an Input Lag around 10 milliseconds.
To be complete, we must also point out an ambient light sensor, an integrated microphone on one of the two remote controls provided for voice control of the TV via Google Assistant and Apple TV and Stadia compatibility, in addition to the classics Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney +…
Main specifications, more
For the rest, we find Dolby Atmos and HDR Dolby Vision compatibilities, HDR10 and HDR HLG compatibilities, a Wide Color Gamut LCD panel, a DVB-T2 / DVB-S2 and DVB-C tuner. Likewise for the management of Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS: X.
On the program still, the HBBTV, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions. Via USB, the following video codecs are played back: VP9, AVI, MKV, MP4, Mov, ASF, Vob, TS, Mpeg and FLV. Likewise for audio with MP3, M4A, AAC, EAC3, Wav, Flac and LPCM files.
In terms of connectivity, apart from the HDMI 2.1 inputs already mentioned, the Sharp EQ4 TVs have two USB Host ports, a Composite, a stereo input, an Ethernet port and an SD memory card reader. Plus an optical output and a headphone output.
Availability, in black, announced for the first quarter of 2022. Indicative prices: € 799 for the Sharp 50EQ4, € 899 for the Sharp 55EQ4, € 1,199 for the Sharp 65EQ4 and € 1,599 for the Sharp 75EQ4.
Reminder of the key features of Sharp EQ3 TVs:
• 50 Hz panel
• Ultra HD / 4K panel
• 10-bit panel (8 bits + FRC)
• Processor: Quad Core
• Wide Color Gamut function
• eARC function
• VRR function
• ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) function
• Quantum Dots function
• HDR10 and HDR HLG compatibility
• Bluetooth compatibility
• Dolby Digital Plus compatibility
• HDR Dolby Vision compatibility
• HDCP 2.2 compatibility
• Wi-Fi compatibility
• HEVC compatibility
• Dolby Atmos compatibility
• DTS compatibility: X
• HBBTV compatibility
• CEC compatibility
• DTS Virtual compatibility: X
• Chromecast compatibility
• VP9 compatibility
• Outputs: 1 optical, 1 headphone
• Inputs: 4 HDCP 2.2 compatible HDMI CEC 2.1 inputs, including 1 with eARC functions, 1 Composite, 1 stereo, 2 USB Host ports compatible with Fat32 and NTFS, a micro-SD memory card reader, and 1 Ethernet port
• Multimedia Goog the Assistant
• Multimedia Smart TV Android 11
• Direct LED Global Dimming backlight system
• Active Motion 1000 motion compensation
• Harman Kardon 2.0 sound system
• Input Lag: 10 ms
• Peak light: 400 nits
• DVB-T2 tuner
• DVB-C tuner
• DVB-S2 tuner
• Power: 30 W (2 x 15 W)
• Dimensions: 1447 x 926.4 x 277.3 mm